Guests at the Caribbean Resort & Villas are in perfect position to enjoy everything new at Broadway at the Beach. With only a one-mile stretch of 29th Avenue North separating the two, it's easy for guests to make the short walk, cab ride or shuttle trip to and from Broadway and the Caribbean. Here's a list of some of the new things you can expect to see at Broadway at the Beach in 2017:
* Dave & Buster's: Gone is the old Hard Rock Cafe pyramid and coming this spring is another wonder of the modern world – Dave & Buster's. This national sports bar chain is opening its first location on the Grand Strand in the spot where the Hard Rock used to sit as the centerpiece of Celebrity Square. Now Dave & Buster's will occupy the place of honor, bringing its popular brand of good times, great food and fun games to Broadway at the Beach. By the way, the new Hard Rock has moved into the old Broadway Louie's, which has relocated to the old Cowboys in the latest exchange of musical bar stools.
* Festivals: Although the full calendar for 2017 has yet to be announced, there are several special events coming up in the winter and spring that you don't want to miss. On Saturday, Feb. 25, the 16th Annual KidzTime Festival is back by popular demand. Featuring a full day of activities, food and freebies, the KidzTime Festival is a great way for the family to spend a day. on April 8-9, the new Taco Fest makes its debut at Broadway. On Saturday, May 6, the Myrtle Beach Car Club's Back to Summer Car Show comes back to Broadway with a parking lot full of restored hot rods and muscle cars.
* Paula Deen's Family Kitchen: It's supper time, y'all … well, almost. One year after the “Queen of Southern Cuisine” opened her retail outlet at Broadway at the Beach, Paula Deen plans to launch her new country-cooking eatery this summer. The latest addition to her Savannah, GA-based restaurant empire will bring true family-style dining to hungry patrons who can't get enough of Deen's Southern cooking and hospitality. Serving three meals a day, Paula Deen's Family Kitchens delivers three courses of hot food directly to your table for guests to help themselves and pass the platters. Deen's favorite dishes make up the menu, including her famous fried chicken and award-winning shrimp and grits, and the desserts are to die for.
* Shows: Broadway at the Beach is a hub for entertainment, and 2017 looks to be another hit. The first fireworks show of the year is set for April 15, with the weekly schedule beginning in conjunction with the Summer Nights festival on June 2 and running all summer long. Every Tuesday night from June 6 to Aug. 29 and every Friday night from June 23 to Aug. 18, Broadway at the Beach hosts at free pyrotechnics display at 10 p.m., along with a nightly entertainment schedule that is to be announced soon. The Palace Theatre also launches its newest version of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons' hit “Hot Jersey Nights” on Feb. 3, and the high-flying thrills of “Cirque Extreme” debuts March 20.
* Wahlburgers: The national burger chain that was launched as part of a reality TV show by the same name opened at Broadway at the Beach at the end of 2016, and folks have been lining up to try the creation of the celebrity Wahlberg family. Featuring unique burger creations along with other tasty offerings, Wahlburger is sure to be a hot spot this summer when several celebrity appearances are expected. Order some guilty pleasures and be sure to ask for extra napkins.
After a long day and fun-filled night at Broadway at the Beach, guests at the Caribbean Resort & Villas can come back to their vacation home away from home and relax back at the resort. It's the perfect way to end a great day at Broadway at the Beach.