The holidays are right around the corner, and so is Barefoot Landing for Caribbean Resort & Villas guests willing to make the short drive to North Myrtle Beach for seasonal festivities. Located only 10 miles north of the Caribbean, Barefoot Landing has everything you need for happy holidays on the Grand Strand, including shopping, dining, entertainment and special events. Here are a few of the highlights you can enjoy by spending part of your holiday getaway at Barefoot Landing:
* Lighting of the Landing: Barefoot Landing gets lit up in more ways than one at this annual holiday-kickoff event — both from the illumination of the large Christmas tree and from the launching of fireworks over Barefoot Lake. Scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 19, the festivities begin at 6 p.m. with live holiday music and entertainment, free hot chocolate and treats for attendees, and a visit from Santa Claus to flip the switch on the beautifully decorated tree. At 7 p.m., the skies undergo the same color transformation with a pyrotechnics show that will literally start your holiday season with a bang.
* Black Friday: The day after Thanksgiving brings a hectic pace at area stores and heavy crowds of people starting their holiday shopping sprees on a bargain-hunting mission, but the experience doesn't have to be as dark as the “Black Friday” nickname. Beginning at 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25 (although individual stores have the option to open earlier), Barefoot Landing brings some cheer to the holiday shopping season with a month-long Christmas celebration. Roving entertainers, carousel rides and occasional live music will make Black Friday and beyond feel more like a white Christmas. Individual stores will be holding holiday sales, and the surrounding restaurants will serve holiday specials for a fun and full day of shopping.
* Intracoastal Christmas Regatta: If you find yourself at Barefoot Landing on Saturday, Nov. 26, you are a short drive from one of the highlights of the holidays on the Grand Strand. Just a few miles north, the Intracoastal Waterway comes alive with a boat parade of brightly decorated vessels making its way from Little River to The Marina at Dock Holidays in North Myrtle Beach. Grab a spot on the bank and watch the procession roll down the river to adoring crowds. While you are at Barefoot Landing, pick up an unwrapped toy to donate to the event's pet Yachts for Tots project and help bring a merry Christmas to the area's underprivileged kids.
* Alabama Theatre: Get a heaping helping of holiday spirit at the annual The South's Grandest Christmas Show at the Alabama Theatre, located at Barefoot Landing. Featuring a talented cast of performers and mind-blowing special effects, this show has it all — singing, dancing, comedy, and (spoiler alert) a finale that includes a surprise entrance and visit from the Jolly Ol' Elf himself. Santa and the cast are available for autographs and photos after the show in the lobby, which is decorated in grand style and provides the perfect backdrop for Christmas photos. You can even take a selfie with an elf.
* House of Blues: Located just across the parking lot from all the shops and restaurants in Barefoot Landing is the perfect cure for the holiday blues. The House of Blues goes all out for the holidays, including a bountiful buffet on Thanksgiving Day, a Christmas-themed Gospel Brunch on Sundays and a New Year's Eve Bash like no other on the Grand Strand. Start your 2017 off right by catching a cab to Barefoot Landing, watching the fireworks show at 6 p.m., and enjoying dinner, dancing and live music at the House of Blues.
After a busy day of shopping or a long night out at Barefoot Landing, return to your comfortable oceanfront accommodations at the Caribbean Resort & Villas and enjoy a relaxing retreat. Come see why the Caribbean Resort and Barefoot Landing are the places to be for the holidays.