After 20 years as Myrtle Beach's most popular attraction, Broadway at the Beach is undergoing an extreme makeover this season. The addition of some new and exciting attractions, as well as a number of new dining, nightlife and shopping options, has breathed new life into the 350-acre multipurpose complex, drawing longtime visitors and newcomers alike to discover the magic of Broadway at the Beach. Here are some of the changes you can look forward to in 2016:
* Attractions: This summer, the mind-bending Backstage Mirror Maze is adding a sister attraction known as the Backstage Escape Games. Patrons are challenged to solve clues and crack secret codes in order to escape a room or other sticky situations. Several new rides have been added to the recently expanded Pavilion Nostalgia Park, as well as new exhibits at existing attractions like Ripley’s Aquarium, Hollywood Wax Museum and WonderWorks.
* Dining: All that walking around Broadway can work up an appetite, and visitors have even more selections this season thanks to the addition of a couple of high-profile restaurants. Southern-cooking enthusiasts should be sure to check out the new Paula Deen Restaurant. Sharing the same family recipes and country cuisine concept as her eateries in Savannah, GA, this restaurant will fill you up with Southern-fried food and hospitality. Another addition is Extreme Pizza, a national chain that takes the basic pizza experience to the next level with unique crusts and toppings. For folks with a sweet tooth or in need of a protein boost, visit the new Kilwin's Candies & Ice Cream or the Beef Jerky Store.
* Nightlife: Broadway's Celebrity Square is getting the most obvious facelift, beginning with the addition of the first Dave & Buster's on the Grand Strand. This popular nationwide chain of arcades/sports bars is opening a new location on the site of the former pyramid-shaped Hard Rock Cafe. Oz is the latest dance club in the nightlife district, bringing a new brand of nightclub experience to the lineup with high-tech visual effects and sound systems. The American Tap House serves a wide selection of ales, pilsners, ciders and stouts, as well as hand-crafted foods to go with its collection of craft beers.
* Shopping: Guests looking for some retail therapy will have some new shops to browse this summer. With a wide selection of pop culture memorabilia, the new Hollywood Heroes & Villains is a paradise for TV and movie buffs and comic book collectors. The Pick A Pearl store lets patrons pick an oyster for its pearl and create a unique jewelry item to call their own. Other new shops, including Tech Stop, MyCup, Flashy Feet and Christmas at the Beach, are all scheduled to open by this summer.
* Upgrades: Broadway at the Beach favorites Hard Rock Cafe and Broadway Louie's found new homes in Celebrity Square during the offseason, while Crocodile Rocks Dueling Pianos and Señor Frogs have undergone significant renovations. Stores that have recently completed major remodeling projects include Klig's Kites, Pepper Palace, Tiki Jim's, The Fudgery, Build-A-Bear Workshop and Fat Tuesday.
Guests at Paradise Resort have even more reasons to visit Broadway at the Beach, including free passes to selected attractions. Through June 3, guests receive one free adult admission ticket to Broadway Grand Prix and Legends in Concert, just to name a couple. It’s just our way of saying thanks for staying with us and of going the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your time at Paradise Resort and Broadway at the Beach.