You have booked your vacation with Paradise Resort and now you are thinking, should we fly or should we drive. Before you can answer these questions, you need to decide if you should you take the long scenic route or book a seat on a fast-moving commercial airliner?
Driving can offer a whirlwind of benefits, like affordability and the opportunity to see more places. Plus, you can take more luggage and gear without paying sky high baggage fees. Larger families and groups often see the greatest benefits of driving, simply because plane tickets add up fast when you buy more than 1. Also, a group of people can all pitch on gas to bring costs down further—well, unless, your big group is just a bunch of your children!
For the most part, driving is going to save you money and offer benefits but sometimes it simply makes more sense to fly. The best answer depends on a variety of factors, like where you’re going, how much time you have, time of year, gas millage, and what you plan to do once you arrive at your destination. The following benefits of driving vs. flying offer valuable insights that’ll help you decide the best option for your next trip.
1. Is it cheaper to fly vs. drive – you need to find this out, figure out airline cost and then calculate the cost of gas, food and other expenses on the road. You should have your answer rather quickly.
2. Do you want to get there as quickly as possible, or are you ok discovering new things, small towns along the way?
3. No Baggage Fees – take as much or as little stuff as you wish, or that your vehicle will allow you to fit.
4. Trade in the No-Space airport seats for the comfort of your own car. Nothing is more uncomfortable then sitting in a cramped airplane for a few hours. But, if that doesn’t bother you, go for it.
5. Be on time. Yes, you will be on your own time and not the chance of the airplane being delayed or yet being canceled.
6. No extra costs for ubers or shuttle or the usage of public transportation. But do remember, some hotels have charges for parking, so you might want to verify that first.
7. If you have multiple people in your party, you don’t have to pay for individual tickets, just gas for all of the group, and that can save you right there.
Flying can be direct and get you there quicker, but just take into consideration if it is a benefit for you or not. We all know that getting to the destination is the start of vacation fun!