’Tis the season when the family pulls out its favorite family holiday music to listen to by the fire and sing along while trimming the tree. Maybe it’s an old Elvis Presley Christmas album or a Nat King Cole classic. Now imagine celebrating the season by seeing these artists and more belt out their famous Christmas tunes live on stage (well, sort of) at the Legends in Concert Theater at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.
Featuring professional tribute artists performing their best renditions of legendary artists’ work, Legends in Concert goes all out to entertain for its annual Christmas show. Held November through December, this year's star-studded “Christmas Legends” showcase lineup includes artists paying homage to Presley, Cole, Dolly Parton, Bobby Darin, the Blues Brothers and more.
“Our Christmas show was carefully produced with the ultimate holiday experience in mind for our fans,” Legends in Concert General Manager Jason Aiesi said. “We are thrilled to close out our 20th anniversary on the Grand Strand with the gift of a brand-new holiday show bringing back great memories and creating new memories for years to come. This year will feature many new holiday surprises.”
Located in the recently renovated Legends in Concert Theater just off 29th Avenue North, which is only a 1.4-mile straight shot from the Caribbean Resort & Villas, this venue features state-of-the-art lighting and sound, plus high-tech special effects to add to the atmosphere. The setting takes patrons back in time to witness some of the world's most famous entertainers in their primes, making you wonder whether your eyes and ears are playing tricks on you as you take in a concert for the ages.
Celebrating its 20th year on the Grand Strand, Legends in Concert also offers a special dinner-and-show combination that includes tickets to the Christmas performance as well as dinner at one of the many neighboring restaurants in the Broadway at the Beach complex. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.legendsinconcert.com/myrtle-beach.
For Caribbean Resort & Villas guests looking for even more Christmas spirit on stage, check out these local venues and their special holiday productions:
- Alabama Theatre: This Barefoot Landing theater puts on “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show” with a showcase of song, dance, comedy and more. The show runs November through December.
- The Carolina Opry: Calvin Gilmore and a star-studded lineup take the stage to celebrate the holidays in traditional fashion in the “Christmas Show of the South.” The show runs from November through December.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: Celebrate Christmas the really-old-fashioned way at this historical venue from the Middle Ages. The castle is decorated for the holidays, and the show takes on a Christmas theme in one of the most spectacular displays in town. The Christmas show runs November through December.
- The Palace Theatre: This Broadway at the Beach venue is closed through the holidays due to damage sustained in Hurricane Matthew, so “Christmas Wonderland” will not run this year.
- Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show: Located beside The Carolina Opry, this Dolly Parton production proves that even the surliest of pirates can get into the Christmas spirit. Offering a holiday feast to go with a special Christmas show, this production is perfect for the whole family, regardless of age. The Christmas show runs November through December.
After a fun night at one of the many Christmas shows in town, head back to the Caribbean Resort & Villas to relax after an evening out on the Grand Strand. It’s just one more reason to make the Caribbean your home for the holidays.