At Bay View on the Boardwalk, going out to eat in Myrtle Beach is as easy as putting one foot in front of the other. That's because our resort adjoins the famed Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and is located in the heart of the downtown dining district — so great food and good times are never more than a short stroll down the beach, Ocean Boulevard or the Boardwalk. Here's a list of some of our guests' favorite nearby spots for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night snacks and adult beverages:
* ART Burger Sushi Bar: The name says it all at this unique eatery and art gallery a couple of blocks down the Boardwalk. Perfect for parties with mixed taste buds, this restaurant allows burger lovers and sushi fans to get what they want under one roof. Patrons can enjoy the works of local artists on the walls or the scenic beauty of the Atlantic Ocean on the back patio deck. Try the liquid nitrogen ice cream for dessert.
* Bodo’s: Authentic German cuisine meets Myrtle Beach attitude at this long-running establishment. Located just a couple of blocks inland from Bay View on the Boardwalk, Bodo’s serves excellent German food and has a large selection of European beers on tap.
* Bumstead's Pub/Dagwood's Deli: Folks come from miles around for the piled-high sandwiches at Dagwood's, but guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk only have to go a few blocks. The adjoining Bumstead's Pub is also a great place for bar food and beers from around the world.
* 8th Avenue Tiki Bar: Good times are on tap at this oceanfront bar and grill. Enjoy frozen daiquiris on the patio deck or cold beers at the bar before ordering up some tasty chow from the grill. Take the Mystery Beer Challenge and win a cold one on the house.
* LandShark Bar & Grill: Located at the base of the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, this beach bar is named after Jimmy Buffett's brand of beer and reflects his laid-back attitude. Enjoy a cheeseburger in paradise and other tropical fare, and wash it down with a cold LandShark after you touch down from the SkyWheel.
* Mammy's Kitchen: The best breakfast on the beach is only a few blocks down the Boardwalk and up 10th Avenue North. Featuring a buffet of all the traditional Southern breakfast classics, like eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, Mammy's also has a full lunch menu. Walk off those pancakes with the short stroll back to the resort.
* Oceanfront Bar & Grill: This open-air eatery offers great food to go with the great view. Seafood and sandwiches are among the many options for lunch and dinner, and the drinks are always flowing for happy hour and beyond.
* Pier House: Located a couple of blocks south of the resort at the Second Avenue Pier, this restaurant serves three meals a day in an oceanfront setting. Fresh seafood and other local favorites, like shrimp and grits or crab cakes, are among the specialties you can enjoy while watching the crashing waves through the large pane-glass windows. For some fresh air and an even better view, check out the Pier View Open Air Bar upstairs.
If none of those restaurants tickle your taste buds and you don’t mind eating some not-so-healthy treats while you are on vacation, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk also features a number of vendors serving beach favorites like pizza by the slice, cheese fries, corn dogs and funnel cakes, so you never have to worry about running out of food options. It’s just one more reason to spend your Myrtle Beach vacation at Bay View on the Boardwalk.