What's the only thing better than summer fun in Myrtle Beach? Summer fun in Myrtle Beach that is FREE. In addition to enjoying all the on-site amenities at Bay View Resort, our guests are right in the center of an array of free entertainment options in the downtown district. Bay View guests also receive complimentary tickets to some of the Grand Strand's top attractions.
As a part of our Sun Fun Rewards program, Bay View provides one free ticket per room to selected attractions. That means one member of your party can go for free, or the whole crew can go at a significant savings. Even better, there are several free events held close to the resort property, so families can have a big time during their vacation without spending big bucks.
* Boardwalk: One of the best things about staying at Bay View Resort is that it is only a hop, skip and a jump to good times on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Guests can stroll down the 1.4-mile oceanfront walkway to popular attractions, excellent shopping and dining, and free entertainment seven nights a week. As part of the Hot Summer Nights Festival, the main stage at Plyler Park hosts live music and entertainment each at night at 7 p.m., along with other free activities. Monday nights bring the Kidz Carnival at 6 p.m., featuring inflatable play stations, games and more, and Wednesday night is the main attraction with a free fireworks show over the ocean. Concerts, Boardwalk Elvis and Boardwalk Idol karaoke contests are also on the free-festivities list.
* Family Kingdom: Located just a few blocks south of Bay View is Myrtle Beach's only seaside amusement park. Featuring roller coasters, go-karts, kiddie rides and other thrill rides, Family Kingdom also features the adjoining Splashes Waterpark. Both are unique in that they do not charge and admission fee, so families can stick together while only buying wristbands for those who want to ride the thrill rides and waterslides. Combination amusement park and waterpark wristbands are available at a discounted rate, so the kids can play at Splashes all day and hang out at Family Kingdom all evening.
* Market Common: A shopping trip to this urban-style retail village can cost a pretty penny, but Market Common also offers lots of free entertainment for families looking for a fun night out on the town. Located about 5 miles south of Bay View, Market Common is a sprawling development that boasts two parks with plenty of green space for picnicking and recreation. On Tuesday night, visitors can enjoy free horse-drawn carriage rides throughout the scenic village streets.
* Myrtle Waves: South Carolina's largest water park is also one of Myrtle Beach's best deals for Bay View guests. Your Sun Fun Rewards package includes one free adult admission to the water park, lowering the overall price tag for your party to visit. Myrtle Waves features 20 waterslides, flumes and chutes to keep the more adventurous members of your family entertained, and there are kiddie pools and splash pads for the little ones, as well as lazy rivers and a wave pool for the grown-ups. Myrtle Waves also offers half-priced admission after 5 p.m.
* The Atlantic Ocean: How can we forget Myrtle Beach's biggest draw — and it's absolutely free to visit. Guests at Bay View can wake up to watch the sun rising over the Atlantic, spend the day playing in the surf, sun and sand, and go for a romantic walk on the beach at night without spending a penny. Plus, you can take a break from the beach and enjoy all the water attractions and amenities Bay View has to offer.
For the maximum bang for your buck, make your vacation a memorable one by staying and playing at Bay View Resort, Myrtle Beach.