Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is famous for its white-sand beaches, cool Atlantic Ocean waters, championship golf courses and award-winning attractions. But foodies will find that the Grand Strand has an equally impressive restaurant scene. The 60-mile strip of Carolina coastline known as the Grand Strand boasts more than 1,700 restaurants to choose from.
But despite the abundance of seafood buffets, barbecue and burger joints, Southern-style eateries, international cuisine, and comfort-food cafes, sometimes the best place to dine is in the comfort of your own room at Paradise Resort. After a long, hot day on the beach or a whirlwind evening of entertainment, sometimes there’s nothing like ordering a pizza and having it delivered directly to your room.
Of course, Myrtle Beach has all the big national chains where you can play it safe and get the same ol’ pie, like Domino’s, Pizza Hut and Papa John’s, but we recommend trying one of our many local pizzerias for a true taste of the beach. From small mom-and-pop pizza shops to local and regional chains, Myrtle Beach has a lot of different options for picking the perfect pizza. Here’s a list of local favorites you can have delivered to your door at Paradise:
* Extreme Pizza: Serving hand-crafted pizzas and unique signature pies, Extreme Pizza lives up to its name with a wide variety of toppings. The Everest is a massive, meat-filled pie perfect for adventurous eaters, and the Kickin’ Chicken offers something different for spicy-food lovers. Extreme Pizza also offers wings, calzones, salads and desserts.
* Hungry Howie’s: This regional chain can fill up a family in many ways. From its tasty pizzas to its fresh-baked subs, Hungry Howie’s has several combination specials that allow you to add on salads, wings, breadsticks and more. The Howie Maui Hawaiian Pie has fresh pineapple, ham, bacon and mozzarella, and The Works has, well, the works. The Cajun Howie Bread is another favorite, and the kids can eat cheap with $7 medium cheese pizzas.
* Mama Mia Pizzeria: This local chain has two locations close to Paradise. Order traditional pizza options, or try Mama Mia’s pastas, subs, breadsticks and chicken wings. Open until at least 1:30 a.m., this is your cure for a late-night snack attack.
* Pizza Romana Originale: Located in the heart of the downtown district, this place is a popular spot for dining in, but it also offers delivery to Paradise. Featuring all the classics, like pizzas, subs and sandwiches, Pizza Romana also serves salads, pasta dishes and chicken wings.
* Ultimate California Pizza: This local chain offers a wide variety of toppings, including surf-and-turf options like shrimp and New York strip. UCP also makes some mean flatbreads, salads and sandwiches, and the specialty pizzas are among the most popular items on the menu, particularly the signature Big Kahuna with everything but the kitchen sink.
Perhaps the best part of ordering in instead of dining out is spending a relaxing evening in the comfort of your Paradise room while recovering from a busy day at the beach. As part of our Sun & Fun Rewards package, guests at Paradise Oceanfront Resort receive free and unlimited DVD rentals, so you can order up some pie and enjoy a family movie night. It’s just one more way of saying thank you for spending your Myrtle Beach summer vacation with us at Paradise Resort.