For generations, the Myrtle Beach area has been a popular destination among classic-car enthusiasts. Whether it’s the thrill of cruising down Ocean Boulevard with the top down or the fun of hanging out with fellow car fans, the Grand Strand is a hub of activity for hot rods and muscle cars from the past.
In addition to hosting classic car shows, cruise-ins and other automotive-related gatherings, Myrtle Beach provides a perfect setting for vacation fun and vintage car venues. Take your ride for a spin down Ocean Boulevard, cruise into a hot-rod hangout, and make new friends with a common interest in classic cars. If you want to combine the business of rebuilding and restoring classic cars to their past glory with the relaxation of a beach getaway, Myrtle Beach and Paradise Resort are the place to be. Check out this calendar of major events and start planning your next vacation today:
* Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival: Barbecue, beach music and shag dancing are the highlights of this Labor Day weekend event, but the Sept. 3 car show serves as the center of attention at The Market Common festival grounds. Featuring a wide variety of vintage cars and categories with 35 different trophies presented, the Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival car show has quickly become one of the most popular vehicle-related events on the Strand. In addition to checking out the classic cars, make sure you also enjoy some award-winning barbecue and other foods, craft beers, live music, and more.
* Grand Strand Corvette Club – Cars and Coffee: This regular gathering of the local chapter of the Corvette Club is held the first Sunday of each month at the Bagel Factory II in Carolina Forest. Featuring a nice selection of Corvettes, one of the most popular sports cars in American car history, this cruise-in offers a great opportunity to take photos and talk to the owners who have restored their Stingrays to mint condition.
* Halloween Rod Run: Looking for a unique way to celebrate Halloween? Head south to Surfside Beach and go trick-or-treating at this classic car show, where the participants pass out candy from the trunks of their classic cars. Held in the small seaside village of Surfside Beach, located about seven miles south of Paradise Resort, the Halloween party includes lots of traditional fall fun and games and an impressive lineup of cars from all eras.
* Loris Bog-Off Festival: The small town of Loris goes big time with this combination car show and cook-off. Try samples of South Carolina’s favorite dish of chicken bog, a mix of chicken, sausage, rice and onions, while you check under the hoods of hot rods from all over the Carolinas. Held Oct. 15 in downtown Loris, about 35 miles from Paradise Resort, the Loris Bog-Off Festival car show offers trophies in 35 categories.
* Mustang Week: Ford’s most famous sports car is the guest of honor for this weeklong celebration on the Strand. Held each year in July, Mustang Week attracts hundreds of Mustangs and thousands of car enthusiasts to the Myrtle Beach Mall for great fun and friendly competition. The 2016 event recently wrapped up, and a date and location for 2017 is still pending.
* Run to the Sun Car Show: Hosted by the Pee Dee Street Rodders, this is Myrtle Beach's biggest car show of the year. The 29th annual event will be held March 16-18 at the old Myrtle Square Mall site on North Kings Highway, which is only a short cruise from Paradise Resort. The three-day event includes a parade down Ocean Boulevard and other festivities off the lot.
After a fun day at the car show or cruise-in, head back to your vacation home away from home at Paradise Resort. Whether you’re a classic-car collector or just a fan of the vintage cars from the past, Paradise Resort Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to spend your down time when you are not behind the wheel.