The most important meal of the day is even more critical while you are vacationing in Myrtle Beach. Before guests at Bay View Resort hit the beach, the Boulevard and the Boardwalk for a full day of fun in the summer sun, they need to fuel up so they can go the distance. Bay View guests can visit the on-site Starbucks for coffee, smoothies, pastries and muffins, or check out one of these neighborhood breakfast hot spots in Myrtle Beach's downtown district for a heartier or healthier first meal of the day:
* Mammy's Kitchen: They say all roads lead to Mammy's, and so does the adjoining Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Located a few blocks inland at the corner of Mr. Joe White Avenue and Kings Highway, this Myrtle Beach institution has been serving hungry visitors since 1953. Mammy's is also open for lunch, but the biggest draw is the breakfast buffet that has customers lining up out the front door. Traditional breakfast favorites like fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and French toast are among the many options, and you can keep going back to the buffet until you're full.
* Olympic Flame Pancake House: Enjoy a delicious breakfast with an ocean view at this Ocean Boulevard breakfast favorite. Located only a short stroll down the Boardwalk from Bay View, the Olympic Flame specializes in pancakes, French toast and huge, three-egg omelets made to order and filled with your choice of ingredients. The Olympic Flame is also open for lunch and offers a late breakfast menu, so guests whose taste buds are out of sync can order and enjoy the meal of their choice.
* Peaches Corner: This downtown institution is famous for its chili dogs smothered in toppings or its hot-off-the-grill burgers, but longtime visitors also know Peaches as a great place to grab a quick breakfast. Order a hot bacon, sausage or steak breakfast sandwich with fried eggs and cheese on Texas toast, or the breakfast bowl filled with hash browns, eggs, cheese and the meat of your choice. Standing in the same location since 1937, Peaches is open 24 hours and serves breakfast any time of day or night. By the way, the Breakfast Burger with a milkshake is a must-try for adventurous diners.
* Pier House Restaurant: Watch the sun rise over the ocean through the windows of this restaurant on the Second Avenue Pier. Located only a few blocks south of Bay View, the Pier House is a popular spot for fishing and seafood, and it is also a well-kept secret for excellent breakfast dishes. Serving all the traditional breakfast classics as well as some special seafood dishes, such as shrimp and grits or crab cakes and eggs, the Pier House features large, pane-glass windows from wall to wall so you can see a beautiful view of the ocean no matter where you sit. Patrons can also take a walk out to the end of the pier for some fresh morning air.
* Woodhaven Pancake House: Just a few blocks south of Bay View is the perfect place for breakfast, especially for early risers and late sleepers. Serving breakfast from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., Woodhaven Pancake House specializes in fluffy stacks of pancakes, as well as made-to-order omelets, eggs Benedict, Belgian waffles and French toast.
Once you get your fill of breakfast, take a tour of the downtown district for great attractions and shopping, or return to Bay View and spend your time relaxing on the beach or by the pools. With so many opportunities to choose from, Bay View Resort in Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to start and spend your day.