Guests at Long Bay Resort don't have to travel around the world to experience global culinary traditions. A visit to The Market Common in Myrtle Beach will do for an international food tour, all within a six-block radius of the urban shopping and dining district. With more than a dozen restaurants and cafes located in a scenic setting, you can taste the flavors of the world in one trip.
* American: The beauty of American cuisine, much like the melting pot of various cultures, is that it's a blend of different national culinary styles. And the subsections of American food, such as the Southern-cooking staples at Tupelo Honey Cafe and the bar food at King Street Grill and The Brass Tap, offer a mix of flavors that can be traced back to the international influences. Try the Shoo Mercy Shrimp and Grits at Tupelo Honey and you will discover Southern, Cajun and Lowcountry flavors all in one dish.
* Asian: Enjoy the flavors of the Far East at two popular restaurant chains in The Market Common. For a Pan-Asian dining experience, P.F. Chang's offers an expansive menu of Chinese, Japanese, Thai and other regional culinary hubs of the Orient. For a menu that's more deeply rooted in Japanese cuisine, Co Sushi puts a new twist on several traditional favorites, like the house special Sushi Sandwiches.
* French: While The Market Common doesn't have a traditional French restaurant with five courses, it does have a unique cafe based around France’s national pastry — the crepe. Crepe Creation Cafe uses a wide selection of ingredients to make tasty combinations — all stuffed inside a freshly prepared crepe. Breakfast, lunch and desserts make up the diverse menu. Additionally, Divine Prime Wine and Tapas Bar features a broad array of international small plate dishes and wines from around the world.
* German: The biggest draw of Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant comes in liquid form. Flowing from the multiple taps comes the sudsy nectar of beers that are brewed on-site and inspired by beers from around the world, especially the German ales, pilsners and wheat beers that made the country’s brew famous. The menu also features a variety of internationally inspired dishes to wash down with a cold one.
* Italian: The Market Common not only offers a wide selection of Italian cuisine, but also the Italian family-style feel. Travinia Italian Kitchen gives guests the full experience with tableside service, an extensive wine list and all the Italian classics, such as lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, clams and linguini, and more pasta dishes with rich sauces. Just a few blocks outside the main dining district is Toffino’s Italian Bakery & Deli, which serves great hoagies, pizza and desserts. For a more Italian-American experience, Ultimate California Pizza offers a long list of pizzas, flatbreads and sandwiches.
* Mexican: For a unique, south-of-the-border experience, Nacho Hippo takes traditional Mexican fare to the next level. Featuring classics like tacos, nachos and burritos, Nacho Hippo also creates some nontraditional dishes that have quickly become popular hits. Nacho Hippo also serves $3 margaritas all the time and hosts live music several nights a week.
After your culinary tour around the world, return to Long Bay Resort for a relaxing retreat to recover after your meal. Or you can cut out the drive all together and enjoy an international feast at the on-site Martin’s Restaurant. No matter which country or dish you choose, you are sure to feel full and happy at the end of the meal.