Kids are easy to please during a Myrtle Beach vacation at The Breakers Resort … until it's time for dinner. After a full day of playing on the beach, splashing in the pools and taking part in our many Kid’s Club activities, the little ones can get a little cranky and picky at dinner time — especially if it involves getting all cleaned up and cleaning their plates.
The best way to make dinner enjoyable for the whole family is to find a good compromise — a restaurant where you can get a good meal and the kids can have a great time. As America's No. 1 family beach vacation destination, the Grand Strand offers a wide selection of kid-friendly restaurants that will satisfy your entire party.
Guests at The Breakers have several dining options available right on the property, like the Rusty Reel Oceanfront Bar & Grill, Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen, and Papa's. But for visitors who want to hit the town and try something different for lunch or dinner, here's a list of some of our guests' favorite places to dine out that will leave both parents and their children happy:
* Dave & Buster's: The food is only part of what makes this national chain a great place to take the little ones along for dinner. Scheduled to open at Broadway at the Beach in May with a wide variety of video games and amusements, Dave & Buster's is all about good times. Although billed as a “sports bar,” at Dave & Buster's, it's perfectly acceptable to bring children. Special packages offer food and game combinations.
* Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville: Don't let the name fool you. Yes, this Broadway at the Beach restaurant is named after the fictional town from Jimmy Buffett's hit song by the same name, but there's a lot more to Margaritaville than frozen concoctions that help you hang on. Roving entertainers make balloon animals and hats for kids, and live music on the back patio deck sets the tone for a festive atmosphere. But the main attraction is the giant-sized blender that sets off hurricane warnings every half hour.
* River City Cafe: Guests at The Breakers are only a short walk away from this small burger shack that lends itself to good times for both young and old. Kids and parents love the laid-back atmosphere where patrons eat free peanuts from a pail and discard the shells on the floor, as well as a menu that's filled with all-American favorites — thick, juicy cheeseburgers, house-cut fries and jumbo-sized onion rings. The walls are covered with old license plates and signs to keep patrons entertained by checking out the decor.
* Seafood House: There is a sea of seafood buffets to choose from in Myrtle Beach, but this Surfside Beach establishment caters to families with character actors and kid-friendly food. Patrons are served by swashbuckling pirates in full costume, and there's a pool area where mermaids swim and pose for photos. Adults can feast on all their seafood favorites, such as shrimp, crab, oysters and fish, while children enjoy the pizza, chicken nuggets and ice cream.
* Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: Pizza and games are a winning combination for kids. Located on Restaurant Row, this place features an arcade that includes both high-tech video games and old-fashioned carnival classics, such as Skee-Ball and Pop-A-Shot. Combo cards allow kids to enjoy their own personal pizza and pre-loaded game cards. There's also a sports bar so the grown-ups can have a good time, too.
After a fun night out for dinner, be sure to get a good night’s rest at The Breakers Resort. Featuring first-class amenities that include swimming pools, a lazy river and a realistic pirate ship/splash pad complete with water cannons, The Breakers is a resort where you’ll need all your energy to keep pace with the kids.