Vacation photos will always be a huge part of your family vacation – like real estate, capturing the best images is all about location, location, location. The best pictures are the ones taken at unique places that tell something about your vacation destination, and there's no shortage of target-rich environments on the Grand Strand for taking your pics and videos and posting them on social media.
Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk have even more photo ops than most vacationers thanks to the resort's convenient location in the heart of Myrtle Beach's downtown district. With the Atlantic Ocean serving as the backdrop to the east and hot spots on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk only a short stroll to the north and south, you and your crew can capture some classic vacation memories and share them with your Instagram groups and Facebook friends. Here are a few vacation pics you don't want to miss:
* Boardwalk: Adjoining the Bay View on the Boardwalk property, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is like a 1.2-mile photo shoot. Classic Myrtle Beach scenes like the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, Hot Summer Nights entertainers and Plyler Park provide picturesque opportunities to pose for a selfie and leave little doubt among your Instagram followers where you are spending your summer vacation. But the main attraction is the Atlantic Ocean, where you can snap seaside shots of the sunrise, sunset, seashells and sandcastles.
* Brookgreen Gardens: Some of the prettiest scenery on the Grand Strand can be found inside the walls of this 9,100-acre botanical sculpture garden. Overwhelm your social media followers with beautiful shots of blooming bushes and flowers, towering and twisting live oak trees, and awe-inspiring statues and sculptures. You can also get some great pics of otters, alligators and rare birds at the Native Wildlife Zoo, as well as capture some amazing scenes from the swamps and rivers on a boat ride.
* Family Kingdom: Located just a few blocks south of Bay View on the Boardwalk, this amusement park offers some vintage backdrops of an old-school Myrtle Beach vacation. Capture yourself riding the historic Swamp Fox roller coaster, racing around the go-kart track or eating some cotton candy. Splashes Oceanfront Water Park, the sister attraction located across Ocean Boulevard, offers some great photo ops of waterslide splash-downs on the oceanfront – just be careful to keep your camera dry.
* Hollywood Wax Museum: Trick your social media pals into believing that you are rubbing elbows with the biggest stars and celebrities by posing for photos at this Broadway at the Beach attraction. The museum's exterior features a King Kong replica scaling the Empire State Building, a can't-miss photo op that’s available without even entering the attraction – but once inside, you can pose for pics with realistic wax figures of the biggest names in movies, music and modeling. The nearby Mirror Maze allows patrons to take some crazy distorted selfies.
* The Market Common: Located about 5 miles south of Bay View on the Boardwalk, this multi-purpose complex offers scenic views of the upscale shopping district, parks with ponds and playgrounds, and nearby holdovers from the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base like Warbird Park, which displays the airplanes that used to be stationed at the adjoining airfield. Go for a bike ride on the many trails and find some good shots of native flora and fauna.
Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to enjoy your vacation getaway while also making your Instagram followers jealous. Spend your vacation with us oceanfront at Bay View on the Boardwalk, and take home lots of wonderful memories – with the pictures to prove it.Instagr