The Grand Strand truly is a vacation destination for all seasons, with the character of the Myrtle Beach area seeming to change every three months. Summer is all about the beach and the fun attractions, such as fireworks shows and water parks, while fall is festival season, featuring events like the Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival and the Little River Shrimp Fest. The winter is a snowbird's paradise and peaceful retreat of mild temperatures and small crowds, and the springtime is all about golf – and lots of it.
The spring golf season on the Grand Strand is only a few months away, and now is prime time to make your reservations to play the top courses and to stay at Long Bay Resort. The Grand Strand is host to more than 80 championship courses, giving golfers of all skill levels and budget ranges the chance to challenge themselves on the well-designed and maintained links.
But almost as important as where you stay and where you play is the issue of timing. The earlier you book your spring golf plans on the Grand Strand, the more money you can save and the more options you have for tee times and accommodations. Here are five reasons you should start planning your 2017 trip to play your favorite courses and stay at Long Bay Resort:
* Location: Located only a long par-5 away from some of Myrtle Beach's most famous courses – Pine Lakes Country Club, aka Myrtle Beach's first golf course, and The Dunes Golf & Beach Club, perhaps Myrtle Beach's most elite layout, are each less than 10 minutes away – Long Bay Resort is the ideal home away from home for golfers looking for the ultimate getaway. Guests are also short distances from Grande Dunes, Barefoot Golf Resort and Myrtlewood Golf Club, and they can drive to any course in the area within an hour thanks to Long Bay’s convenient access to major thoroughfares like Highways 17, 22 and 31. Long Bay also features luxury oceanfront accommodations, indoor and outdoor pool decks, and other excellent amenities to make your stay one to remember.
* Climate: If you have never been to the Grand Strand in the spring, you are missing out. The moderate temperatures and blossoming landscape create an ideal setting for swinging the sticks, allowing guests to soak up some sun and nature while they're chasing the little white ball. With average high temperatures in the 60s in March, 70s in April and 80s in May, it's the perfect environment to play your game and enjoy the great outdoors.
* Courses: The highly competitive golf market in Myrtle Beach requires courses to keep their facilities in top shape to attract players. That usually means major upgrades and annual maintenance during the off-season to provide perfect conditions in the spring. No matter which courses you decide to play, odds are you are seeing the layouts at their best. Not only does it offer a more enjoyable experience, golfers also have their best shots at turning in good rounds on even the area's most challenging courses.
* Off-course Attractions: Not only is Long Bay Resort close to many golf courses, it's also convenient to many 19th holes. Guests can enjoy post-round food and drinks at the on-site Oceanview Cafe, the next-door River City Cafe or Liberty Tap Room just a few blocks away. For those who want to explore all the great things Myrtle Beach has to offer, Long Bay is also close to Broadway at the Beach, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Barefoot Landing and Restaurant Row. Myrtle Beach offers fun both on and off the links.
* Packages: The easiest and cheapest way to book a spring golf getaway is to reserve a golf package that includes accommodations and tee times. Get the lowest rates available by creating your own personalized golf package, or shop the many pre-planned package deals that offer huge discounts and specials, such as free food and drinks, bonus rounds and gift cards of up to $100. For more information about golf packages, visit http://www.longbayresort.com/golf-packages/.
With only a few clicks of your computer keyboard, you can endure a long, cold winter with the promise of a rewarding golf getaway at the end. Book your spring golf trip to Myrtle Beach today, and get ready for a fun and relaxing stay at Long Bay Resort.