The only thing kids like better than receiving cash as Christmas gifts is getting the chance to spend it in Myrtle Beach. Sure, you could advise them to put their money in savings or a college fund, but sometimes it's fun to blow some dough just for the sake of having a good time. Here are five places to take the kids to spend some cash and get their money's worth:
- Broadway Grand Prix: Let your kids experience the thrill of sitting in the driver's seat and racing to the finish line at this multi-purpose entertainment complex. Featuring a wide selection of courses and go-carts to choose from, Broadway Grand Prix has something that's just your children's speed. Whether it's the kiddie go-carts for younger drivers or the high-speed oval and twisting road courses for more experienced racers, everyone in your party can find an exciting challenge. In addition to racing, Broadway Grand Prix has two mini-golf courses, amusement rides and an arcade. Be sure to check your Sun & Fun Rewards package for a free ticket to this attraction.
- Fun Warehouse: There are plenty of fun things to do under one roof at this Surfside Beach entertainment complex. Featuring a modern, full-sized skating rink and a 3,000-square foot laser tag facility, Fun Warehouse provides the perfect place to stay active and enjoy yourself on those cold or rainy days. Fun Warehouse also has a spacious arcade that carries all the latest high-tech video games as well as the classic carnival-style games of old. Children too small to participate in the main attractions can bounce around on the inflatable playground. Teach the kids a lesson about value and save money by buying an unlimited play wristband with pizza and a drink.
- Shopping Spree: Picking out the right clothes, music and movies for your kid can be a challenge, especially as they get older and, shall we say, cooler. Mom and Dad become un-cool as they develop their own tastes, but teens are still quick to call for their parents' help when it's time to pay for their stuff at the checkout line. Why not just give them some money and teach them the responsibility that comes with shopping for themselves? That's a special treat in Myrtle Beach, where they can hit Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing or Market Common for a full day of shopping. Let the kids spend their pocketful of cash and let them pick out their own toys and apparel. At least they will gain an appreciation for the fact that money goes fast if you aren't careful.
- Thrill Rides: Kids love thrill rides, and Myrtle Beach has lots of options for kids to get their money's worth in adrenaline. Take them downtown to the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, the SkyScraper and the SlingShot. Passes can be purchased for all three at a discounted rate. For a slightly tamer experience, check out the amusement rides at Broadway at the Beach. There are kiddie rides, carousels and bumper cars for the little ones and more frightening rides for the older set. Kids can learn the value of a buck by buying an all-access pass.
- Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: Pizza and games rank pretty high on every kid's list, and UCP Game Zone offers both in spades. The arcade has all the latest video games plus old-school favorites like SkeeBall and Pop-A-Shot, and the restaurant serves some of the best pizza on the Grand Strand. Kids can buy a combo ticket that gives them a game card, personal pizza and drink for a discounted price. Kids can earn tickets for their prowess on the games and redeem them for prizes or a souvenir. There's also a sports bar so parents can enjoy a drink while watching the little ones have a ball.
After a big spending spree, the kids can enjoy lots of fun for free back at the Bay View Resort. Play in the indoor pool and water attractions and enjoy unlimited free DVD rentals. They don’t have to spend a lot of money to have a good time, but your kids will have a blast doing both at Bay View.