Let's face it — without dear ol' Mom, you wouldn't be here. She has taken good care of you and your family for all these years, and now it's time to pay her back with a special Mother's Day weekend in Myrtle Beach. Make your reservations at Long Bay Resort today and plan a picture-perfect Mother's Day for the well-deserving matriarchs in your family. Here are five great options for showing her a memorable time in Myrtle Beach:
- Brookgreen Gardens: For moms with an appreciation for art and nature, a trip to this beautiful botanical sculpture garden will make her Mother's Day. Located on a former rice plantation in Murrells Inlet, this 9,000-acre property offers native Lowcountry flowers and lush landscapes surrounded by breathtaking works of art. Early May is the peak of the blooming season, and the garden is awash in colors. Ancient live oak trees draped in Spanish moss provide a shady spot to rest after exploring, and a butterfly exhibit, tea room, and arts and crafts displays are also great places to take a break.
- Brunch/Dinner: Treat Mom to a delicious feast at one of the many fine-dining restaurants near Long Bay offering special Mother's Day brunches. Chestnut Hill, Croissants Bistro & Bakery, and New York Prime offer some of the top Sunday brunches in town, and the House of Blues' popular Gospel Brunch features live, inspirational music and a spread of Southern favorites. If mom prefers an evening meal instead, the famous Sea Captain's House, Collectors Cafe & Gallery, and Tupelo Honey Cafe serve Mother's Day specials for a meal she will always remember.
- Bucket List: Myrtle Beach is the perfect place to let mom choose a once-in-a-lifetime experience to cross off her to-do list. For the more adventurous matriarchs, that might involve parasailing high over the ocean or taking a dolphin-watching cruise aboard one of the many local charters. Glass Bottom Kayak Tours offers guided tours of the scenic Cherry Grove Inlet and Waccamaw River, and Go Ape Treetop Adventure features a ropes course and zipline. For mothers who prefer life in the safer lane, a ride on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel or a wine-tasting tour of Duplin Winery might be more their speed.
- Shopping: Most moms love a nice shopping spree, and Myrtle Beach is just the place to do it. Offering major retail complexes like Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing and Market Common, malls and outlet centers like Coastal Grand Mall, Myrtle Beach Mall and two Tanger Outlet Stores, and lots of locally owned and operated antique shops and boutiques, you can find the perfect places to suit Mom's tastes within a short drive of Long Bay. Bargain shoppers can browse for deals at the Myrtle Beach Flea Market, the Fox and Hound Antique Mall, Hudson's Flea Market, and Coast to Coast Antique Gallery.
- Spa Day: Pamper Mom from head to toe with a trip to the spa for a manicure, pedicure, massage and more. There are many hair-and-nail salons and massage studios to choose from, and Long Bay guests have access to the ultimate Cinzia Spa at North Beach Plantation, which offers salon services, ritual massages, and treatments designed for her to unwind her body and mind.
For moms who just enjoy being with the family, you can celebrate Mother’s Day without leaving the property. Spend a fun day at the beach or relax in our indoor/outdoor pools and waterpark for a memorable Mother’s Day getaway to Myrtle Beach and Long Bay Resort.