You don't have to take a vacation from your healthy lifestyle just because you’re on vacation in Myrtle Beach, especially if you stay with us at Ocean Reef Resort. In addition to being steps away from a nice walk or run on the beach and having a state-of-the-art fitness center on-site, Ocean Reef also happens to be located near some of the best places for healthy eating in town. From fine dining to food on the go, here are five health-food hot spots near Ocean Reef:
- Bay Naturals: Located in the Northwoods Shopping Plaza only a few blocks away, this locally owned and operated health food store also has a grill and juice bar for guests who don't want to sacrifice flavor to keep calorie counts low. Serving a wide selection of salads, soups, sandwiches and entrees made with organic ingredients, Bay Naturals also serves some of the tastiest protein smoothies on the Grand Strand. Guests can also grab some groceries suited for those with gluten or other food allergies. A sack filled with healthy snacks can go a long way during a week of vacation.
- Clean Eatz: Also located in the nearby Northwoods Plaza, this new grill is designed with the health-conscious eater in mind. Locally owned and operated, this family-run restaurant serves creative cuisine that is high in flavor and low in calories. The Bison Burger, for example, is gluten-free and features one-fourth the calories and fat of a standard cheeseburger. Clean Eatz also serves fresh salads, wraps and entrees, which may also be purchased in prepackaged portions for heat-and-eat meals you can take back to your room.
- Fresh Market: This regional grocery chain puts the focus on fresh, offering local produce, health-food products, bakery fare and deli items under one roof. The deli prepares a wide range of healthy food, from ready-to-eat hot foods, sandwiches and sushi to quality meats, cheeses and entrees. The bakery makes tasty treats that might not be a fit for your diet, but it also serves healthy versions of breads and desserts. The produce section offers nut and granola barrels as well as fresh fruits and veggies. Stock up on some healthy snacks to save money and calories throughout the week.
- Indo Thai: For folks with conservative diets and exotic tastes, this pan-Asian restaurant fits the bill. Located in the Grande Dunes area about 1.5 miles inland from Ocean Reef, Indo Thai takes your taste buds on a culinary tour of the Far East with excellent Indian, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese and other international dishes. Healthy versions of most entrees are available, but it's the sushi that makes this place popular among the fitness crowd.
- Marina Inn: Located on the banks of the Intracoastal Waterway at the Grande Dunes Marina, this fine-dining restaurant offers food as good as its views. Featuring an outdoor patio deck where guests can watch the yachts sail past the setting sun, the Marina Inn also delivers a delicious lineup of elegant cuisine that won't bust your belt. Fresh seafood prepared to your specifications and mouth-watering salads are the highlights on a menu filled with house favorites that aren't too filling.
Guests at Ocean Reef also have some healthy dining options without leaving the resort. Cafe du Port serves excellent soups, salads, sandwiches and entrees, and the Banana Boat Lounge offers healthy versions of the traditional bar food lineup. You can burn off some calories swimming in one of our oceanfront or indoor/outdoor pools, and work up a sweat in the fitness center or one of our hot tubs. It's all part of a happy and healthy Myrtle Beach vacation at Ocean Reef.