Too much of a good thing is … still a good thing.
In some cases, anyway. True, too much sunshine can give you sunburn. Too much pizza can put you in a food coma. But too much time to spend at the shops, restaurants, and attractions at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach?
That doesn’t sound like a problem to us.
It can be tough to decide where to go. We love that the array of fabulous destinations at The Market Common naturally lend themselves to spending a day in the best of ways. It’s an easy equation – shop, dine, have fun.
Of course, lots of those cross over at The Market Common.
We’ve tried to take some of the work out of making your plans for your next visit. Whether you’re from the neighborhood, just passing through, or in Myrtle Beach for a getaway, we all have certain interests and desires for how we spend our time here.
What is the Market Common?
The Market Common is 114 acres of shops, dining, and entertainment in Myrtle Beach. It’s a community, too, so the proprietors reflect the residents of the area: Comfortable elegance, genuine hospitality, and a taste for the best things in life. So where should you start when you get here, and where should you go next?
Take this quick quiz to see what path you should take when you come here again!
Question 1: SHOPPING
The top items on my wish list – as gifts to myself or that I would like to find for others – would be:
- An item of apparel that radiates my personality as a woman.
- My walls are bare – and I want distinctive, local art there.
- I’m looking for something decidedly country chic – or possibly something for my dog
- Start your day off perusing White House | Black Market. These two stellar retail spaces merged in 1997, both as female-run businesses. The combination has become famous for delivering extraordinary styles for women.
- Seacoast Artist’s Gallery has just what you’re looking for. It showcases more than 70 local artists’ original works. Choose from fiber art, metal engraving, paintings, photographs, pottery, sculpture, and so much more.
- Check out Orvis. They’re suppliers of unique country lifestyle fashion. Choose from dog beds and other pet merchandise, fine gifts, fly-fishing gear, men’s and women’s sportswear, travel accessories, and more.
QUESTION 2: DINING
All this shopping has made me hungry. I really have a hankering for:
- A fun happy hour and the best chicken sandwich I’ve EVER had
- Dessert, not dinner – something sweet, indulgent and incredible
- Nachos – beautiful, piled-high, social-media-post worthy nachos
- Head over to the best sports bar around – King Street Grille. Grab a great seat for the big game – shown on what feels like miles of HD flat-screen and large-screen TVs. Try your hand at trivia if you’re there for the weekly trivia night.
- Sweet choice. The Uncommon Chocolatier offers an incredible array of handmade chocolates, fudge, and gift items. They even have a dairy-free and gluten-free menu. The Belgian chocolate raspberry fudge is our favorite.
- You’ve fallen under the spell of the elusive Nacho Hippo, my friend. We’re talking world-class nachos, known as best-on-the-beach. Stop in for great drink specials and live music from cool local bands too. Oh, and don’t forget the margaritas.
QUESTION 3: ENTERTAINMENT
After some retail therapy and superb eats, the way my heart leads me to go is:
- The best of the best in local amateur theater
- Riding a bike I can either pedal off that delicious treat I just had (or not pedal)
- Buttery popcorn, crazy-relaxed recliners are a blockbuster hit
- Enter Stage Left Theatre Company. It’s an intimate experience in a box-theater setting built just for this company. Check the website for current offerings. Artistic director Amber McCann opened this gem in The Market Common in 2009. You’ll love it.
- Pick up your ride at Pedego. Rent an electric bike – which you can pedal normally, or just cruise on as fast as 20 MPH. Feel the freedom of the wind in your hair. The Market Common paths are yours!
- Looks like Grand 14 Cinema is your scene – the comfiest movie theater in Myrtle Beach. Grand 14 has the highest tech screens, plus the ultimate in luxury accommodations – high-back rocker seats you’re going to wish you could take home with you.
There’s really no way to go wrong when you make a day of your visit to The Market Common. And we’ve just begun to tell you about the incredible destinations here. Take the quiz and make your plan – or show up and wing it. Either way, you’re in for a great time.
Check out all that The Market Common has to offer. With more than 20 shops, more than a dozen spots to eat, and a handful of distinctive entertainment options, you’re sure to find the right combination. Plan your visit to The Market Common today.