You can repeat all the usual romantic Valentine’s Day gestures – candy, flowers and dinner – and impress your sweetheart. But try doing the same things in a seaside setting and exciting town like Myrtle Beach and blow your Valentine date away.
A weekend retreat to Myrtle Beach is the perfect way to say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day, and Ocean Reef Resort is the ideal location for a romantic getaway. Relax in your oceanfront room or on your private balcony to the sounds of crashing waves below, and enjoy all the great things the Grand Strand has to offer for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day experience. Book your reservations today and let us help you with all the details for planning the perfect date with your loved one:
- Accommodations: The first step is the easiest. By reserving a room at Ocean Reef, you can rest assured of a wonderful environment for you and your loved one to spend the holiday. Featuring modern furnishing and fixtures and all the comforts of home, Ocean Reef provides guests a luxurious atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy one another’s company. Our indoor and outdoor pool decks allow swimming in any kind of weather, so bring your swimsuits and get ready for a soothing soak in the hot tub or a relaxing ride down the lazy river.
- Dancing: There’s nothing like a night out on the town and an evening on the dance floor to celebrate the special occasion. The Grand Strand has various venues where you go do everything from country line dancing to the Carolina Shag, the official South Carolina state dance and 1950s craze that was born in the clubs on Ocean Drive in North Myrtle Beach. Many of those same clubs are still shagging today – the Spanish Galleon, Fat Harold’s, O.D. Pavilion – and are always hotspots for Valentine’s Day. Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square is a go-to for pop, country, disco, Latin and more.
- Gifts: You can’t forget to spoil your Valentine with a few presents, and we’ve got you covered if you decide to wait till the last minute. There are several gift shops and florists just a few blocks from Ocean Reef on Kings Highway, and Northwoods Plaza is host to a couple of locally owned boutiques where you can pick up something nice, as well as an Edible Arrangements store with chocolate-covered strawberries and other creative fruit baskets. If you are looking for something a bit more serious, like say, an engagement ring, there are several jewelry stores at Coastal Grand Mall, Market Common and Broadway at the Beach.
- Restaurants: Once again, Ocean Reef guests are in luck when it comes to finding a romantic, fine dining restaurant. Just blocks from the resort are dozens of upscale establishments, such as Collectors Cafe & Gallery, Flamingo Grille and the Boom Boom Wine Room. Just a couple of miles north is the famed Restaurant Row, where Rossi’s, Thoroughbred’s and Chestnut Hill offer excellent fine dining. And just a few miles south is Broadway at the Beach’s wide variety of dining selections. Regardless of where you go, reservations are strongly recommended for one of the busiest date nights of the year.
- Romance: Looking to do something extra special? Check out one of the many shows at Alabama Theatre, The Carolina Opry or the Palace Theatre. If the weather permits, go exploring at Myrtle Beach State Park or Brookgreen Gardens. On a rainy or chilly day, experience a couples’ massage at Cinzia Spa or go on a shopping spree. Of course, you and your loved one can always go for a romantic stroll down the beach just steps away from your room at Ocean Reef.
So for a Valentine’s Day that will blow your sweetheart away, come to Myrtle Beach and stay at Ocean Reef Resort for the date of a lifetime.