The biggest difficulty guests at The Caribbean Resort & Villas might encounter isn’t finding something fun to do during their Myrtle Beach vacation, but deciding which fun thing to do. This year's schedule of family-friendly festivals provides lots of options — from live music and entertainment to free fireworks shows and parades. Here's a look at some of the most popular events for you and your crew to enjoy during your summer vacation on the Grand Strand:
* Military Appreciation Days (through May 31): Myrtle Beach has a proud history of honoring America's military dating back to the World War II era and the opening of Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. Although the base closed in 1993, the tradition continues on Memorial Day weekend with the culminating events of this month-long patriotic festival. The events of Saturday, May 27, are held at The Market Common, the former home of the base, and include the Military Appreciation Days Parade & Picnic, which features live music, good food and lots of fun for all ages. On Monday, May 29, the Veterans March will be held on Ocean Boulevard, about a mile south of The Caribbean Resort & Villas, followed by a Memorial Day Ceremony at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
* Summer Nights at Broadway (June 6-Sept. 4): Guests at the Caribbean are only 1 mile away from Broadway at the Beach and a summer filled with free nightly entertainment. The Summer Nights at Broadway Festival features live music, fireworks and other entertainment, such as comedians, jugglers and dancers. The fireworks shows are held most Tuesday and Friday nights, but the other five nights of the week also offer a fun-filled lineup for the whole family.
* Carolina Country Music Fest (June 8-11): The hottest ticket in town is to this three-day music festival in the heart of Myrtle Beach. Some of the biggest names in country music, including headliners Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney and Darius Rucker, will take the main stage with the Atlantic Ocean in the background, and there will be a total of three stages on the former Pavilion amusement park site, where more than 30 bands will keep the crowd entertained and the downtown district rocking.
* Hot Summer Nights Festival (June 12-Sept. 4): Looking for a fun and free way to spend an evening in Myrtle Beach? Look no farther than the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk for a summer-long series of concerts, fireworks, kids' festivals and more. Monday nights are all about the little ones, with inflatable play equipment, face-painting, games and kid-friendly music. On Wednesdays, look skyward for fireworks exploding over the ocean at the Second Avenue Pier. The Plyler Park stage takes the spotlight the rest of the week with concerts and other entertainers keeping the party going.
* Beach, Boogie & BBQ Fest (Sept. 1-2): The Market Common throws the ultimate end-of-summer party every Labor Day weekend with the popular combination of music, dancing and barbecue. More than 75 world-champion barbecue pitmasters come to town to compete for the coveted title, and patrons get to sample some of the tastiest pulled pork, ribs, chicken wings and more. Other activities include live music, vendors, kids’ activities and a car show.
The summer festivals of 2017 look to be bigger and better than ever, so book your Myrtle Beach vacation at The Caribbean Resort & Villas today and get ready to party all summer long.