The Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach is famous for its comfortable oceanfront accommodations, state-of-the-art amenities and award-winning hospitality. But there are some lesser-known benefits to staying at The Breakers, especially if you enjoy having a cold beer or a cocktail during your beach vacation.
In addition to our on-site tiki bar, the Rusty Reel Oceanfront Bar & Grill and the soon-to-open Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen, some of the best watering holes in town are located within a two-block stretch of our property on North Ocean Boulevard. Guests can take a neighborhood pub crawl that is literally crawling distance away from The Breakers. Check out these nearby hot spots and have a cold one:
* Bummz Beach Cafe: Located right next door to The Breakers, this small beach house was transformed into a seaside snack shack with one of the best backyards on the beachfront. Featuring outdoor tables, beach chairs and even a hammock, Bummz gives patrons plenty of room to stretch out in the sun while enjoying cold drinks and live music. Guests can play cornhole on the lawn or dance to the music by the outdoor stage. Indoor seating and dining are also available.
* Coastal Wine Boutique & Tasting Room: For those who prefer a nice glass of wine over a cold beer or a fruity frozen drink, this new shop and tasting room provides a safe haven for oenophiles. Featuring an outdoor patio and indoor seating at the tasting room, Coastal Wine has a limited food menu but an extensive wine list to satisfy all tastes. Combine your love of wine and shopping at the boutique, and pick up some flavored tobacco blends to sample from the house hookah. You can even pick up a few bottles to take back to the room or to give as gifts.
* Dirty Don's Oyster Bar & Grill: Slurp down some oysters and some suds at this local institution. Famous for hosting oyster roasts and offering excellent happy hour specials, Dirty Don's is a great gathering spot for food, drinks and good times. Dirty Don's recently expanded with a new location on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, but this is the original and features a good regular crowd. Hang out at the bar with locals or enjoy some drinks on the outdoor patio deck.
* Knuckleheads Bar & Grill: If you are looking for the kind of neighborhood bar you might find in your (and everyone else's) hometown, The Breakers has one nearby too at Knuckleheads. Located in the middle of a strip mall at the corner of 21st Avenue North and Kings Highway, Knuckleheads is technically a biker bar but looks like any other hole-in-the-wall bar you might stumble into — think pool table, sports posters, bar food and a friendly local crowd.
* Rooftop21: Sophistication reaches the next level at this second-floor rooftop bar and cafe. Featuring an eclectic menu of salads, sushi and fine-dining fusion, Rooftop21 also offers an extensive selection of mixed drinks, beers and wines, as well as an incredible view of the bustling downtown district below. You can even see your vacation home away from home, The Breakers, one block to the east. The adjoining sister restaurant, Soho, is also a great place for an upscale dinner.
After this well-rounded pub crawl through The Breakers’ neighborhood, it's time to head back to the resort for a nightcap at The Rusty Reel, Strong Waters or back in your room on your private oceanfront balcony. It's just one more reason to spend your Myrtle Beach vacation with us at The Breakers Resort.