Featuring unique two-passenger boats that look like a cross between a jet ski and a pontoon, Salt Shaker Boat Tours provides guided tours that allow you to be the captain. Join in the regatta and explore parts of the Intracoastal Waterway you can't reach by vehicle — all while you experience the thrill of dropping the throttle and traveling at speeds of up to 30 mph.
Guests at The Caribbean Resort & Villas can make their trip to Barefoot Landing complete by adding a one-hour boat tour to their itinerary. Take the whole family for a ride, or split up into groups of shoppers and non-shoppers for a fun diversion for the latter. The boats are safe, sporty and easy to handle, even for those without boating experience.
The Salt Shaker Boat Tours guides lead the group to some cool sights along the Intracoastal Waterway, including the Barefoot Landing Marina where the tours originate and conclude. In between, patrons can see scenic landscapes and wildlife, the Barefoot Resort golf resort, expensive yachts sailing on the Waterway, and million-dollar homes on dry land.
Salt Shaker Boat Tours offers special rates for group outings and provides all the safety gear and instructions you need to have a fun-filled day on the Intracoastal Waterway. Boats are available for rental during daylight hours between April and October, except during adverse weather and water conditions. For more information, visit www.saltshakerboattours.com
Salt Shaker Boat Tours isn't the only way to spend the day on the water. Check out these outfitters offering boat tours on the Grand Strand:
* Barefoot Princess: Based out of the same marina as Salt Shaker Boat Tours, this 130-passenger riverboat has it all — a dining area for dinner cruises, a ballroom for live music and dancing, and an observation deck where guests can catch all the scenery and a lovely sunset.
* Big M Casino Ship: Enjoy high-stakes gambling on the high seas, or simply play the nickel slots and enjoy the ride aboard the Big M Casino Ship. Sailing out of Little River, this three-story vessel goes 3 miles offshore into international waters, where gambling is legal.
* Cap'n Rod's Lowcountry Tours: A native to the area with extensive knowledge of the waterways and history of the South Carolina Lowcountry, Cap'n Rod Singleton offers fun and informative pontoon boat tours to Lighthouse Island in Winyah Bay and the backwaters of the Waccamaw Neck.
* Glass Bottom Kayak Tours: Use some paddle power to see some of the most pristine spots on the Grand Strand. Tours include a sunset paddle out to Waites Island, as well as slow, tranquil tours of the Waccamaw River.
* Little River Fishing Fleet: Headquartered just a few miles north of Barefoot Landing, Little River Fishing Fleet offers a wide selection of watercraft to choose from. Enjoy a jet-ski ride, a deep-sea fishing trip, a dolphin-watching cruise or a charter boat rental for the day.
After a long day on the water, or even a late night at Barefoot Landing, head back to your vacation home away from home at The Caribbean Resorts and Villas. It’s a great way to end a perfect day on the water.