When it comes to beverages, Myrtle Beach vacations generally stir up visions of colorful frozen drinks with fresh fruit and an umbrella. But for offseason visitors, the chilly weather calls for something hot to warm up inside and out. Never fear, coffee lovers, the Grand Strand is filled with cafes and restaurants that serve a wide variety of hot coffees, teas, lattes, mochas and more.
Guests at The Strand, Myrtle Beach don't have to travel very far to find a fresh, unique pot brewing. The Market Restaurant offers free breakfast with coffee each morning, and the nearby Starbucks on the property of sister resort, The Breakers, is open all day and night to serve your specialty coffee drinks. But no matter where you travel along the 60-mile stretch of coastline that surrounds us, you will find plenty of places to get a fresh cup of Joe. Here are some of the best places to get your coffee fix:
- Boardwalk Coffee House: Located in the heart of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, this locally owned and operated cafe serves coffee drinks within full view of the oceanfront. Take a break from strolling the 1.3-mile walkway and grab a cup to go while you take in the sights. Serving a broad selection of coffees, teas and fruit smoothies, Boardwalk Coffee House also serves baked goods and snacks. If you’re venturing on the northern end of the beach, a second location has opened at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach.
- Collector's Cafe & Gallery: This upscale Myrtle Beach restaurant doubles as an art gallery, but it also includes a traditional European coffeehouse that draws a nice crowd. Featuring a wide selection of coffees, lattes, and espresso drinks, Collector's can also add a little kick for an after-dinner nightcap with a shot of liquor or a cordial. Make a night out of a trip to Collector's by having a great dinner, checking out the many works of local artists on display, and a fancy coffee drinks for dessert.
- Fresh Brewed Coffee House: This trendy little coffee house is located in the Five Points district of downtown Myrtle Beach and offers a lot more than just coffee. Offering a wide selection of coffee drinks and other beverages, Fresh Brewed holds open mic nights for live music and poetry slams. Featuring couches and chairs instead of the standard cafe setting, Fresh Brewed has old board games to strike up some friendly competition, or find a cozy corner to read a book.
- Second Cup Cafe: This new place is a bit hard to find but worth the search. Located in Northwoods Plaza in Myrtle Beach, Second Cup lives up to its name by offering a wide selection of coffees, smoothies, and other beverages. Free Wi-Fi and indoor/outdoor seating make this a nice quiet spot to take a coffee break. Be sure to check the chalkboard out front for the daily food and beverage specials.
- The Roasted Bean: This Market Common location is a great place to take a break from shopping. Take advantage of the free Wi-Fi for a short break to reconnect with the world. Serving a wide selection of hot and cold coffee drinks, the Roasted Bean is a great place to hang out and rejuvenate with a hot cup of Joe. Get it to go and enjoy the lovely scenery around the shopping district and parks.
For all the great places to enjoy a cup of coffee on the Grand Strand, the best place by far, quite possibly, is on your oceanfront balcony at The Strand Boutique Resort. Use your in-room coffeemaker to fix yourself a hot cup and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean each morning. That’s the perfect way to start the day The Strand way.